EPIC – PARENT/GUARDIAN/CARER/VISITOR CAR PARKING AREA
PLEASE OBSERVE ALL INSTRUCTIONS:
- The yellow area on the school’s carpark map is strictly DROP OFF / PICK UP only. Please remain in your car and move forwards whenever space becomes available.
- Use Gate 3 to ENTER and Gate 2 to EXIT. Please use the Pedestrian Gate when entering school premises on foot or parking outside the school.
- The red area on the school’s carpark map is strictly a NO PARKING area.
- Do not park in BUSES designated area.
- Please do not double park your car when waiting to pick up your children. If the carpark is full, then please leave the carpark.
- Please follow the instructions of our staff that are on traffic duties.
Early Years: Foundation – Year 2
The aim of the East Preston Islamic College’s Early Years Program is to give every student encouraging, rewarding and enjoyable experience at school. Teachers and parents together build a healthy environment for a child’s all round growth in the early years of learning.
Upper Primary: Years 3 – 6
Students learn to be responsible to manage and organise their learning to develop work habits. We encourage students to become independent and actively take a part in the learning process.
Junior Secondary: Years 7 – 9
Secondary School work in collaboration around the goals of the students. The curriculum is devised such that it meets the students’ needs and builds up a comfortable environment for the students as well as the teachers.
Senior School: Years 10 to 12.
Senior School students are engaged in a diverse and varied set of learning experiences to ensure they develop to their fullest potential as knowledgeable, skilled and productive individuals.
English Additional Language
The Primary and Secondary EAL Programs are guided by efficient teachers in the amalgamation of Literacy, Language and Literature.
Daily Zuhr salah is an important feature of the school’s religious and spiritual life. Islamic Studies is taught as part of our Religious Education program along with Quran reading and memorisation classes.
Child safe standards for all Victorian schools
At East Preston Islamic College, we are responsible for keeping our students safe. Schools have to meet legal requirements for the care, safety and welfare of students. From 1 August 2016, all schools need to meet child safe standards to achieve a zero tolerance to child abuse.
The Victorian Government is phasing in Child Safe Standards for organisations that work with children, including schools. Children have the right to be safe and protected, at school. It is important that you feel confident that your child is safe and well, in the care of their school. Over the course of this year, we will display our child safe policies, codes of conduct and other relevant information regarding child safe standards on our college website, newsletter etc.
East Preston Islamic College has zero tolerance for child abuse and actively works to listen and empower our students.