Nurturing Early Learners
The Early Learning Centre (ELC) at East Preston Islamic College creates a pathway for each child to discover, learn and grow. In an Islamic environment and through creative programs, children aged three to five get opportunities to acquire the skills to think for themselves and grow in every aspect of their lives. Most importantly, they have fun and play as they learn to make sense of their world during this important time in their development.
We provide experiences that nurture and support each individual child. Our programmes are expansive and educational, recognising that early years is a time of discovery, exploration, investigation questions and learning in meaningful ways. Using the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), children engage with developmentally appropriate activities that nurture their creativity, imagination, individuality, relationship building skills, emotional wellbeing and sense of community.
Through these programmes the children gain the necessary skills to make a smooth transition into primary school, they become cooperative, persistent, creative and articulate individuals. Literacy and numeracy are embedded and incorporated with the Specialist Programme, which includes Library, Creative Arts, Physical Education, Arabic, Islamic Studies, and Quran.
The Early Learning Centre uses a digital, play-based language learning program called ELLA (Early Learning Languages Australia) to further enhance children’s Arabic skills. Through this additional resource, students get the opportunity to engage with and communicate in the Arabic language.
- High quality kindergarten programs that follow the National Early Years Learning Framework.
- Programs that incorporate fun play-based activities designed to develop children’s intellectual, social, emotional and physical skills.
- Comprehensive links with EPIC Primary and Secondary Schools and use of facilities.
- Qualified and dedicated Early Years Childhood Educators.
- Educators who can connect your family with specialised learning support.
- Educators who will work in partnership with you and your child.
- Engaging outdoor learning environments for your child to explore.
- Engaging indoor learning environments filled with age appropriate toys and books.
- Islamic environment for your child to learn Islamic values
|4 Year Old||15||$460||Available|
|3 Year Old||4||$360||None|
|4 Year Old||15||$1840||None|
|3 Year Old||4||$1440||None|
*The Fees above exclude all kindergarten cost in relation to any incursion / excursions undertaken throughout the year.
If you wish to apply, click on the ELC Enrolment form link.