The school philosophy can best be summarised as follows:
EPIC is an independent school offering the Australian National Curriculum from Foundation to Year 12 and operates in an Islamic cultural and religious tradition, under the direction of the EPIC School Board. The School is open to boys and girls and is coeducational. Staff and students are expected to follow the principles of the Islamic faith.
EPIC has a low fee structure so that it is possible for all interested families to attend. The College’s aims for our students is to achieve excellence in academic performance and to embrace Islamic values so that our graduates will exemplify the School motto –
‘Success Here and Hereafter’
- Develop student’s ability to think clearly, use intellectual reasoning to solve problems and make rational decisions;
- Inspire and motivate students to learn Islamic values;
- Nurture the individual child’s unique potential to allow full development of their creativity and sensitivity, and encourage personal integrity, love of learning and self-fulfillment alongside Islamic Faith and Spirituality;
- Diagnose the learner’s needs and abilities, and design instructional strategies that develop skills and competencies in a step-by-step, sequential manner;
- Transmit to young people the basic knowledge, skills, academic concepts and values necessary to interpret, participate in and ` ‘be a contributing citizen in a democracy’;
- Create an intense awareness of the critical social and environment issues, and develop a consciousness of responsibility and reform to ensure the survival of society and to maintain a safe and violent free community;
- To encourage the highest level of community and parental involvement.