East Preston Islamic College is a not-for-profit school. We are a independent, co-educational Islamic school situated in a northern suburb of Melbourne. Our students range from Foundation to Year 12 with diverse backgrounds whom have 24 different languages spoken at home. The College’s aims for our students is to achieve excellence in academic performance and to embrace Islamic values.
Special curriculum features include:
• EAL program through to Year 12;
• Arabic language instruction as part of LOTE program;
• Islamic Studies as part of Religious Education program;
• Quran reading and memorisation classes;
• Imam club;
• Member of the inter-faith ‘Building Bridges Program’:
• ‘AMAN Project’ member;
• Debating in the ‘Debaters Association of Victoria’;
• Pre-School classes (run in term 4);
• Special Needs service;
• Along with VCE, we offer VCAL & VET classes;
• Inter-schools sports as a member of ‘School Sports of Victoria’;
• After school tutoring and support classes for all students.